Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mount Union Nature Center.

I have to make this a quick post today because I have lots of kid stuff going on.  I have Ellie's Kindergarten Music Program in 45 minutes and I just got home from Caden's 2nd grade field trip, but since it was so cool, I wanted to post it here before I forget.



We went to the Mount Union Nature Center last summer and hiked a few trails (aka got lost) but this field trip was really cool because it gave us a whole overview of the center.  We checked out the animals in the barn, went to the bird watching tower, saw turtles in the pond, pumped water from a well, maneuvered the labyrinth, and I nursed Olivia in the bird observation room and noticed all the little kid play things that wasn't really included on the tour for 2nd graders.  Last time we went I noticed that there are kits you can take from the Nature Center that have you doing little nature treasure hunt things.  My kids LOVE Nana treasure hunts so I'm sure they'd love this too.  I'll add a few pics from the trip too, but I just wanted to remind all you Stark Countians that this is a really cool  little nature get away close to home.



No comments:

Post a Comment