Monday, May 20, 2013

My Garden is In!!!

I did it!  My garden is planted!!  First, let me say how super happy I was with Dumont's Seed Company!  They had a great selection of plants and I got more veggies than I was planning to get.   My raised bed is still on the way so I had to show some restraint and save some things to put in there.  I did take the kids, which of course, did not turn out like I had envisioned.  Caden walked around complaining and playing his iPod.  Vince was tired and being ornery and climbing on bags of cow manure, of all things!  Ellie was SUPER into picking things out, which was almost a problem.  She was also really into pulling the wagon but isn't a very good driver (beware Canton drivers- February 2023).  It wasn't a smooth trip, but at least they were part of the selection process, even unwillingly. 


Ironically, I ordered pizza for dinner that night so I could work in the garden and not be bothered by cooking.  I got everything planted and the marigolds in to be my organic pest control.  This year my garden will have green onions, leaf lettuce, carrots, snow peas and sugar peas, green beans, cucumbers, eggplant, mild banana peppers, green bell peppers, chocolate pepper(in color only, sorry chocoholics!), jalapeño peppers (for Evan), watermelon, cantaloupe, and Roma tomatoes.  Hopefully everything produces well!  

Somebody came back to admire my garden--or look for that toad I found when I was planting!
Pachouli- I couldn't resist!
Ellie's Fairy Garden with Lavender and Chamomile
View from the tomato side
View from the kale side
Everything set to go in the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment