Thursday, May 16, 2013

Seeds are In!

On Mother's Day my step-father-in-law tested out his new tiller in my garden.  Yesterday I planted green onions, lettuce, more kale (last years crop came back up), carrots (I got a sweet variety, hopefully they're not as bitter as last year's) and the herbs my mom got me at the nursery.  Tomorrow I plan to take a trip to Lowe's and get some plants and a trellis for my peas.  As you can imagine, I'm super excited!  I keep asking the kids what they want to plant, but I get things like "apple tree" and "date tree" so I think I might just have to take them with me when I go.  They're still in the concrete stage so actually seeing the plants with the picture of the veggie on it might be a little easier for them to contribute gardening ideas.

I also need to do some flowers and hanging baskets.  This is the hard part for me.  Last year was the first year that I put in flowers so I'm still working on what variety and what colors work best, not to mention how many I need and where I want to put them.  This year I want to do two or three pots as well, which will be an adventure.  I love this part of spring!  When I get everything potted I'll post some pictures...hopefully it all looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment