Friday, March 16, 2012

Dangers of Soy

I'm really enjoying this book I'm reading, The Unhealthy Truth. The last section I read last night before I went to bed was about soy. I've know for awhile that soy is an estrogen mimic and that it can cause various problems in both males and females, but it was good (?) to reread the information again and be reminded just how harmful these estrogen mimics can be. This is especially true since I've been taking short-cuts with both my family's and my meals, using cans of chili for lunch, veggie dogs and burgers for the grill...it was just eye-opening (again!) to hear about how harmful soy can actually be. I've read so many books and so much information that it's hard to keep it all in the forefront of my mind. Rereading things about soy, for example, really helps cement it in my head. So I've been checking labels in my house today to see what soy has been added to, that I wouldn't think it was. So far, I've only checked 3 labels (it's still early!!!) and out of those 3, I found that 2 of them contained soy. So when I previoulsy read about the dangers of soy, and filed it in my brain that it's not bad, if in moderation (I was thinking about the occasional side of edemame) it's ok, but then I realized, I'm not getting it occasionally. I'm getting it in multiple doses at each meal! So I'm going to keep going with my book and read more and more about how I'm poisoning this poor fetus as well as the rest of my family, but this time, instead of feeling overwhelmed, I feel a little stronger, and better able to answer the questions, "Then what AM I supposed to eat?!?!?!" Hopefully this book answers THAT question too! It's really a pretty good read, I recommend checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment