Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Winter Farmer's Markets

We're always told to eat locally. That's hard in Ohio in the winter...or is it? I never knew that there are a few winter farmer's markets near me until my co-author :) sent me this video clip. I'll have to check it out!



I looked up the Kent Farmer's Market and these are the dates/times they're open:
Remaining Haymaker Winter Market Dates
At Kent Roosevelt High School in the auditorium lobby, 9am – noon:
March 17
March 24
April 7
April 21
May 5

The Green Off-Season Farmer's Market is open these dates and times with these vendors:

The City of Green Off-Season at the John Torok Community/Senior Center will continue once a month throughout the winter months. The next Off-Season Market of 2012 is Tuesday, March 13 from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., followed by Tuesday, April 10, and Tuesday, May 8 from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.

Off-Season Market Vendors:

Aida's Bakery - Pastries
Bittner Bees - Honey and bees wax
R & T Hawk Meats, LLC - Grass-fed Beef, pork, and free-range chicken
Noon Sharpening - Blade sharpening
Our Daily Bread - baked goods
Out of a Garden - Vegetarian patties
The Pierogie Lady - Pierogies and sausage sandwiches
Whipple Farms - Eggs

I didn't post everything from Kent, but they have a lot more produce, greens, herbs and such. Or you can always just order from Breezy Hill Farms and pick up your order in North Canton! (I sent my second order in today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment