Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pick Up Day

Today it Thursday and it's my day to pick up my produce and eggs that I ordered from Breezy Hill Farm. I only ordered a dozen eggs, salad and spinach, so it's a small sample to begin with, but I'm excited to see how it is. I liked how they tell you EXACTLY how much you're going to get (in oz) instead of saying a "bunch" or a "bag". I know what to expect, which is one thing I didn't like about my CSA, but that wasn't really their fault, it just depended on the harvest for the week.

This also has me thinking about what I'm going to plant in our garden this year. I keep asking the kids for suggestions, but apples keep coming up so I'm not really sure they really GET the whole garden thing. This might be a decision I make on my own. I'll have to go to the garden center and see what they have. I DO know that they're all really excited to DIG in our garden so that might come in handy when it's time to clean it up for planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment