Monday, March 26, 2012

Home-Made Potato Chips

My mom got me yet ANOTHER fun green present for my birthday. It's a Mastred chip maker. It came as a set with a mandolin and a microwavable plate to make the chips. It's really fast, just slice a potato, sweet potato, mango or pear, put the slices on the plate (which can be stacked in the micro if you have more than one plate) and microwave for about 3 minutes. We've only done white potatoes so far, but they tasted like baked potato chips. If you want to add any kind of seasoning, you're supposed to do it once they're cooked. We added my daughter's favorite sprinkle (Seasoned Salt) but just like I thought, it didn't stick too well, which I guess isn't really a bad thing. I'm really excited to try pear chips and baked potato chips as well. I'll be honest and say I'm TERRIFIED of the mandolin, but it works pretty well and I feel like as long as I'm careful, I won't lose the tips of my fingers! My complaint is that the plate is pretty small (it holds about 1/2 potato, sliced) so it took a long time to make enough chips for the 5 of us, especially when they kept disappearing from the bowl as I was making them! Of course I could solve this problem by getting another plate, because as I said, you can do more than one at a time in the microwave. So there you go Gervasi Lunch Crowd. There's the blog about my chip maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment