Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Motivation

In past blogs I've whined about needing to read something that keeps me motivated to keep eating organic foods, and living green. Yesterday I started reading a book that I won from a Kiwi Webinar I did over the summer. It's called "The Unhealthy Truth" by Robin O'Brien. So far it's mostly talking about food allergies and why they're on the rise in our kids. It goes on to talk about our food supply and all that other stuff that I love to read about that everyone in my family calls my "hippie stuff". No one in my family has food allergies, but I still found it really interesting. She did talk a little about eczema (which my oldest has) and some other uncommon manifestations of allergies, including inattention and dark circles under the eyes. THIS really interested my because THAT's my oldest! I'm excited to read more and see what I may be able to tweak in his diet and see if it really is an allergy. It's not light reading, but I'm ready to get back in the game and start reading more than just novels (although I do highly recommend my book club book for this month Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger!).

No comments:

Post a Comment