Friday, March 9, 2012

Dip For Dinner

Last night we had dip for dinner. Most kids love dips, but mine really aren't that big of fans. My daughter had been asking for chocolate fondue so I thought I'd try doing mostly dips for dinner. So for our fruit we dipped bananas, apples and strawberries in chocolate fondue (from Deceptively Delicious so it's made with avocado and carrot purees) and our veggies were raw peppers, carrots, cucumbers and broccoli in a greek dip (also from Deceptively Delicious made with chickpeas and artichoke hearts). Just to make it not too healthy we also had hot dogs (veggie dogs and all beef organic hot dogs--I'm not TOTALLY losing it!). It was a pretty popular dinner for the most part. My oldest ate mostly his hot dog and the raw veggie and fruit, without dipping, which was fine, my youngest son ate everything except the veggie dog (which is fine because he ate a TON of broccoli, albeit dipped in the chocolate fondue!) and my daughter, who usually eats about two tiny nibbles for dinner, no exaggeration here, ate pretty well. A few bites of hot dog, and lots of fruit dipped in the chocolate fondue (and the just dipped her finger in the fondue, which is also great because she was eating avocado which she normally wouldn't do.) I really felt like it was a pretty good dinner, even though it was centered around hot dogs. I love that my kids are eating raw fruits and veggies and that even the dessert part of the dinner was healthy for them. Thanks Jessica Seinfeld!

OK, just decided to add a link to Jessica Seinfeld's page for the reference to her cookbook and found she has written another one! This is not the same idea, but I'm excited to check it out just the same. It also looks like she has a lot of recipes listed on the site...woohoo!! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment