Friday, April 20, 2012

Albinoness

It's that time of year again...short/skirt weather. I bough mostly black, capris and skirts so they'd be more versatile with my maternity wardrobe, not thinking that putting black up against my winter skin would truly make me look albino. I'm not big on tanning. I've had too many moles removed not to know about the dangers of the sun. I always wear a high spf sunscreen when I'm out in the sun. But to be honest (and here comes that vanity again!) I really like to look a little tan. Every year I tell myself that pale skin looks healthy. It means that I've protected it from the sun and it was WAY cool in Victorian times...it's a vintage look. But then I look down at the contrast between my capris and my legs and all I can think is "zebra". So last night I thought I'd give my best friend, the Cosmetic Database quiz and see if I could find a decent sunless tanner. I really didn't think I'd find anything, since what could be more unnatural than getting a tan from something other than the sun, but to my surpise, there were a few products. Some were just bronzers, which isn't really what I'm looking for and some needed to be used with a sunless tanning machine(?? like a tanning bed???) but I did find some that are actual sunless tanning lotions. One is from Neutrogena-easy to find-and it only has a warning label of 4, which is higher than I'd like, but still in the middle range. You would think I would have learned my lesson with the hair color, but I think I might just give this product a try. SO, if you see me and notice that my skin is a weird shade of orange, please hold your tongue. I know vanity struck again and I've learned my lesson...until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment