Monday, April 16, 2012

The New and Improved Raisin Rack

Somehow I've shifted my grocery shopping day to the weekend. I hate shopping on the weekend because that's when EVERYONE shops and it's a madhouse. However, if I shop during the week I have to take my kids with me...this is also a madhouse. I find the weekends to be a lesser of two evils. So Sunday I went to my favorite natural food market (primarily because it's 5 minutes up the street from me), The Raisin Rack. They have been in the process of expanding for what seems like forever and today, they look like they're almost done. They've opened the new addition and have a much bigger selection of products and room to add even more. I was glad I was alone because it took me awhile to figure out where everything had moved, but I like the new lay-out. I'm excited to try the new items they have and will be getting. (My daughter loves crescent rolls and they had a spot on a shelf marked "organic crescent rolls") My big buy was veggie burgers. I usually get Amy's and now they have an even bigger selection, but then I saw some locally (Columbus) made veggie burgers. They say they're made with local ingredients as well! I'm SUPER excited to try them out! They're called Luna Burgers. If you go to their website, they actually list the local farm (including their website if available) where they get each ingredient! This, to me, is the definition of sustainability. These burgers are a little more expensive than Amy's, but to me, it's worth it because I know my money is staying in Ohio, I'm supporting local growers and I'm eating all natural ingredients...HFCS and textured soy protein are NOT in this ingredient list! So now the last big test is how they taste, which I guess, is really the biggest factor as to whether I'll continue to buy these burgers or not. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment