Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nursing

I totaled it up the other day. I have nursed kids for a combined total of over 4 years. 4 YEARS! That just really seemed like a lot to me. I've been pregnant for almost 3 cumulative years. That's 7 years of my life that my body hasn't been my own, that I've had to worry about what goes on it and into it because it affects the life of a little person. When I think about it that way, I feel like being the way that I am (my hippie-greenness) makes more sense. My brother-in-law is always giving me a hard time about the changes I make in our family's life and routines to make them healthier and greener. For obvious reasons, he's never had that same responsibility for another life like I have, times three and a half. It just made me have a little more perspective on those that are more critical of the choices I'm making for me and my family.

So back to what I was planning on blogging about! Last night I was doing my nightly routine and as I put Lansinoh on my lips, instead of a chapstick, I thought, "I need to tell more people about this product!" So here you go. Lansinoh makes a lot of products for babies, but my favorite, is their lanolin nipple cream. It's original purpose is to help nursing mom's with cracked nipples, and I have to say, it works really well for that. But I've found that it works WONDERS for everyone in my family. I used it when we ran into diaper rash with the babies (don't forget to use a barrier if you're using it with cloth. The oils will ruin your diapers by making them repel moisture.) I use it nightly to moisturize my lips, which quickly get dry and crack. I use it on my hands, which also get incredibly dry and cracked. I put it on an abrasion my daughter got the other day from jumping on our inflatable bouncer in the back yard. I've used it on my son's eczema. The list goes on. It's a great, all-purpose, natural product (it got a rating of 1 on the Cosmetic Database!) that I feel gets hidden because of it's designated purpose. Giant Eagle sells it, and I know Target does as well. It's easy to find and a tube last a LONG time (I'm still using the one I bought when my 2 1/2 year old was born!)

No comments:

Post a Comment