Monday, April 23, 2012

Door To Door Organics

What are you doing to me, Google?!?!  Just when I get familiar with your OLD format, you change it up on me! Hope it's better on your end!

I got an email from my mom yesterday, which was a forward from her friend in Colorado.  It was about a company called Door To Door Organics.  At first I thought it might be a home-selling company specializing in organic products, but it's more basic than that.  It's organic food, delivered to your door.  Pretty cool, for some, not for me.  They must have something against Ohio, since they deliver in PA and MI.  Actually, I think it's great that they have limited delivery.  It keeps it local.  You can select what size box you want, with fruit or veggies or both, then the size, then frequency, weekly or biweekly.  The large box, which is what we would need, is $55, which seems like a lot, but when I total it up, that's probably about what I spend on fruits and veggies in a week, well, maybe not.  I did read that you get an email the Friday before your delivery telling you what's on the menu for the week.  You can make up to 5 substitutions per order, change the size of your order or put your order on hold.  I LIKE THAT!  Some places even have meat, eggs and bread available for delivery.  I really wish they had this in my area!  I SO hate going to the grocer store!  It's a pretty cool concept.  The FAQ pages has lots of interesting info.  about the company.  It seems really flexible, not alike a traditional CSA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment