Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Potty Training

I was sitting here, trying to think of the blog topic that I came up with today in line at the pharmacy (something about medications? Drive-Thrus? It's not coming back.) when a little voice beside me said, "Pee Coming!!!!" So I thought I'd blog about potty training. This is the third kid I've potty trained and I have to say, it's my least favorite part of parenting (except for severe illness, taking them to get shots and circumcision...but those are more for the feeling of helplessness while your child is in pain.) Just like everyone says, my daughter was easy. My oldest, true to form, was very difficult, and this little guy, so far, seems to be kind of in the middle. I won't go through the whole thing with you, who really wants to hear about someone else's kid's bathroom habits?, but I will look at it from a green standpoint. I was at my favorite baby store, The Breastfeeding Center, the other day and I saw some cloth training pants. They were $17 each and I didn't really want to invest in that because I know from experience that you can go through 3-4 training pants in just a few hours some days. PLUS this kid only wants to wear boxer briefs, like dad and brother. So THAT makes it a little more difficult. He's still at the point where he needs help so the diapers are working ok for us still, but soon he'll need something he can get on and off by himself, but that will protect from accidents better than (and I have to say, SUPER CUTE) the boxer briefs. So I hate to say it, but I'm going to start looking into disposable pull-ups. I'm hoping I can get away with just buying one bag, like I did with my daughter. I still want to look for chlorine-free and as natural as I can find. So the search is on. I found that Seventh Generation makes a potty training pant. I've been happy with their diapers when I've needed to use disposables and I know they're easy to find in stores...a definite plus! I also found that Earth's Best also carries disposable training pants. I've been happy with that line in the past so I might give it a try too. The last brand I found was one I hadn't heard of before, Nature Babycare. I read a few reviews and people seem to like them. Their big claim seems to be that they use very little oil-based plastics. I'll have to give them all a try and see which one works best for us. HOPEFULLY I won't need to buy more than one pack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment