Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sage Creek Organics---Surprise!

This past Sunday my book club had a surprise baby shower for me/Olivia.  Being the fourth, I didn't really expect to have a shower for her.  She had all the big stuff and I'm fine with having her wear the same thing over and over.  I was ready to leave her "shower" baby book page blank.  But my book club girls gave me a pink and green polka dot shower so now her baby book will be complete.  I was really touched that they planned the shower for me, but I was almost cried when I realized thet went meat-free for the meal and even had organic iced tea.  It was just so thoughtful!  I know you don't want to hear about the whole evening, but I wanted to mention yet ANOTHER sweet thing, someone gave me organic baby clothes!!!  It's really hard to find organic clothing so I was super excited not only to receive the clothes, but also to learn about a company that makes them.  It's called Sage Creek  Organics.(@organic_clothes)
Click to Enlarge
Sage Creek Organics Monkey Business Non-Footed Playsuit  $38.50


They have super cute baby and toddler clothes, accessories, blankets and crib sheets.  The two onesies I got from my shower FEEL different than traditional cotton onesies.  You can tell the fibers are stronger and they just feel softer and better made.  I like that you can shop by collection or by item.  They're having a sale right now on a lot of their items.  I'm not sure if it's an always kind of thing, like Kohl's, or if it's just a between seasons thing.  Full priced items are not cheap.  I understand that I'm paying for a better product, not only for the piece but also for the planet and my child's health, so I was expecting prices to be a little higher.  I would say they're around Gymboree prices, but on sale they're about Old Navy?  However, you're getting a product that you  know is from a company trying to do the right thing. 

"Organic cotton products go through many steps. From the farmer's field, to the mill where the cotton is processed, to the tailor's room, all the cotton and cotton fabric is tested, and certified to be organically grown and processed by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), a well respected and trusted governing body in organics. The standards are so strict that commercial cotton or cotton fabric cannot be transported nor stored in the same building, to avoid cross contamination. The cotton, colors, snaps and zippers are all tested to ensure the absence of contaminants such as nickel, lead, formaldehyde, amines, pesticides and heavy metals. Our cotton is sourced in India and our products are manufactured in India.
Sage Creek Organics supports the World Wildlife Fund and IFAW as a standing member and ongoing contributor to its efforts. We only support Fair Trade - suppliers and producers, in underdeveloped regions who abide by western standards regarding fair and decent worker's compensation, positive working conditions and using no child labor."

Click to Enlarge
Olivia would like this--it doesn't go over her head!
 I'm excited to give Olivia's new organic clothes a try and hopefully, order some more from this site.  I'm hoping they're going to be getting cooler weather clothes in soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment