Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Vince!

Today my little man turns 3!  I've been telling people he's "almost 3" for a long time, so it's actually harder for me to believe that yesterday he was still only 2.  He's a big kid, not heavy, just tall.  He's looked like a 3, even 4 year old for awhile now.  Of all my kids, he's the cuddliest.  He's sitting on my lap right now, which make it hard to type, but it's fun to have him close. 



Now that Olivia's here, I think about this time 3 years ago a lot.  I remember how it was with a newborn Vincer trying to get Caden and Ellie to preschool.  I remember how much time he spent at the YMCA Gymnastic's Center while both kids did gymnastics and Ellie did dance.  I tell people he learned to walk in the mezzanine there.  Back and forth, back and forth, trying to avoid the lethal stairs.


Vince's birthday also marks the anniversary of my "coming to greeness".  It was actually before he was born that I started really looking at how we lived and trying to change it to be greener.  When I was pregnant with him, I stopped eating meat and started to read, read, read about living a greener life.  Most of the books that I have listed on the left I read during the time I was pregnant with Vince or when he was still a baby.  It doesn't seem like just three years that I've been working on changing for the greener. 

So Happy Birthday Vince and Happy Anniversary Greener Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment