Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chewbeads

I was at my favorite store, The Breastfeeding Center, yesterday using Olivia's Christmas gift certificate from Meema.  There we SO MANY things to get there!  I got some more cloth diapers (Grovia Hybrids, I'm really liking this style) as well as a new diaper pail liner (it had a good run, 3 years is about all I would expect).  Those were boring-but-necessary buys, but I was able to get two things that were a little more fun.  First, I got Grovia's Magic Stick.  To a cloth diapering mom, it truly IS magic!  It's a diaper rash cream that's OK to use with cloth!  Usually I have to put a barrier (washcloth) between Olivia's skin with the ointment on it and the diaper.  It's tricky to fold the cloth, adds extra bulk and makes the diaper change longer.  This guy is a stick, so there's no messy hands after applying the ointment either.  It smells good and it seems to be helping her rash, which is what I call "Uncle Rob Skin".  (All my kids have one trait from my brother-in-law.  Olivia got his sensitive skin.) The other thing I got is kind of for me and kind of for Liv.  It's a necklace from Chewbeads

Chewbeads Jane 100% Silicone Teething Necklace


It's a necklace that's made of silicone so it's safe for babies to chew on.  I actually had kind of given up on wearing necklaces when the kids are still babies.  They grab and pull (this has a break away clasp) and chew on everything I wear!  I got some great earrings from my dad for Christmas that won't be making an appearance for a few more months.  I wore them once and Liv tried to rip it out of my ear.  Focus. Back to the Chewbeads necklaces...They come in a bunch of colors and a few different styles.  I think The Breastfeeding Center only had two styles, though.  They also make bracelets which look similar to the necklaces, but double as a reminder on which side you nursed last.  The website says:
  • Beads are made with 100% silicone (similar to pacifiers & nipples)
  • Soft on babies gums and emerging teeth
  • Easily cleaned with dish soap & water, also dishwasher safe!
  • No BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Cadmium, or Lead
  • Necklaces have a breakaway clasp for added safety
  • Necklaces are a great sensory tool to help your baby focus while nursing
  • Bracelets are a colorful reminder of which side you've just nursed
 I thought they were a cool idea and Livvy seems to think so too.   The one I got was $25 and the other style the Breastfeeding Center had was $35, which I thought was kind of a lot for a teether, but really not TOO bad for a boutique necklace.  I didn't get the bracelet because I didn't really think she'd be chewing on my wrist, but last night I was holding her on my lap facing out and realized that's actually were she really would have used it, so I just wrapped the necklace around my wrist a few times and that worked pretty well.  I wouldn't wear it that way, but as a teether it works.
You an only see the side of his head, but Vince is smiling for the photo too!


No comments:

Post a Comment