Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christine Challenge Update

Last week I decided I was going to stop using my dryer as much.  I got two new drying racks and started hanging up my laundry in the basement.  So far it's going GREAT!  I only put my towels in the dryer, everything else goes on the drying racks.   I was putting some things in the dryer to "fluff" on low heat, then KM commented on here and asked if you used the same wattage with just the air dry cycle. DOAH!  Why didn't I think of just using the air dry cycle for this!?!?  So now that's what I do, but only with the diapers.  I found that everything else softens up as soon as you put it on.  I only do it with some of the diapers too.  Some styles don't really need it. 
I know this is going to sound crazy, but it actually is making laundry fun.  I was really starting to detest doing laundry.  Just changing up my routine has really helped.  I thought it would take a lot longer, but I don't think it has.  I was surprised how fast the clothes dry on the racks.  It actually easier to fold the dry laundry now than it was in a huge pile from the dryer.  I can see everything that is dry, and fold according to kid and room.  It's already all flat for me so it actually takes less time to fold.  I hated folding the laundry the most and the fact that I have to fold it before I can put another load on the drying racks forces me to do it right away, rather than waiting until I ran out of laundry baskets to pile the dry clothes in. 

I said I was going to give it a try for a month, but after a week, I can tell I'm going to keep doing it.  I'm excited to see how much it changes my electric bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment