Friday, January 4, 2013

Recipe Friday: Peanut Sauce

Every New Years' Eve we have appetizer dinner.  I make a Brie and Champagne fondu, Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce and various other appetizers.  It's a tradition we started when we began having all these kids and it was hard to get out on New Years Eve.  Now it's a meal we look forward to all season.  Of course this year I didn't eat any of the Chicken Satay, but I did enjoy the peanut dipping sauce.  It's really good with chicken (grilled) or as a sauce for stir fry.  I also enjoy it over noodles.  It's quick and easy to make and it's honestly one of my favorites.  (It's from The Bride and Groom Cookbook--my favorite bridal shower gift!)



Peanut Dipping Sauce

1/2 creamy peanut butter
1/3 C water
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP asian sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
1 tsp  minced garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper or dash of chili sauce (I omit this when I make it for the kids)

Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender.  Will keep, refrigerated, for 1 month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment