Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Post In Photos

Awhile back I said I was going to add more photos to my blog.  I have been negligent in that and I apologize.  I'm going to make up for it today.  

I blogged about my garden a lot awhile ago but I wanted to do an update.  So here it is, in pictures.
The kale is going crazy, with little help from me.  I need to remember to harvest it more frequently next summer so it doesn't get so wild.

The lettuce is salad ready.
The peas are done.  We had about two good weeks of harvest from them.  Next year I'm doing sugar snap instead of snow and the ones I had to shell.
The cucumbers did great but they look like they're winding down too.
Peppers are doing well, jalapeño, mild banana, and bells. 


I planted two Roma tomato plants and had no idea they grew and produced so much!! They came with a stake but it wasn't nearly enough.  I put a cafe around them but it was already too late.  Next year I'll know!  I don't like tomatoes but I'm peeling, dicing and freezing them to use in soups and chili all fall and winter.
The watermelon is doing really well!  There are lots of little guys growing but well have to see how many make it to he table.  Last year the kids were so excited they picked them too soon. 
Cantaloupe is doing really well too!  Last year we had two really good ones.  
Our first year with eggplant is going well!
 A few weeks ago I had more green beans than I knew what to do with (I froze them) but last week the crop was much smaller so I think we might be nearing the end of these as well.

I transplanted this sweet potato plant from the garden because it was too shaded.  This container is way too small but I'm hoping we get at least something small that Olivia can eat
Not really my garden but Ellie picked a flower mix seed packet and planted it in this container. 

My raised bed isn't doing so well.  I have a few butternut squash, but no pumpkins, spaghetti squash, zucchini or acorn squash.  The corn was infested with earwigs so we don't get to eat that and the habaneros are getting a slow start.
I did get get one crook neck squash.
 And he butternut.
At lead the corn looked good on the stalk as long as you do y want to eat it! 
Done gardening.








No comments:

Post a Comment