Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Last Day of Vacation

I got a Google reminder today that the first day of school is tomorrow.  Thanks Google, I would have let that one slip by me if you hadn't reminded me.  It's not like I've been counting down the days for weeks.  Tomorrow it the day.  Last night we went to Meet the Teacher night, or as I like to call it, How Many People Can You Fit in a Room Without A/C.  My kids are both in blended classes this year, which I'm really excited about.  They are too.  I don't think they really get WHAT the blended class is, but I'm excited so they are too.  Ellie has Caden's old first grade teacher, so
she's excited about that.  (Added the video she sent us on her blended classroom.) Caden's not really saying too much about back to school, which is very Caden.  He did say he's excited to go back, which will be helpful tomorrow morning when he doesn't want to get out of bed.


I heard someone say the other day,"I keep hearing people complain about the cold weather.  I think, "Stop complaining and make the best of it!"" Which I didn't do.  I had this idea of what I wanted summer to be and the cool weather made me change those plans and it made me mad.  I wish I had just accepted the fact that it was cool and done more cool weather things instead of pouting that we couldn't be at the pool--and I don't really even LIKE to go to the pool!  But summer's over now and now I'm looking to our beach vacation...then FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment