Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Just a Spoonful

The big kids got on the bus the morning and I can feel my blood pressure going down by the hour.  I forgot how much slower the pace is with only two kids and a napping puppy.  I was able to make myself lunch and actually sit down and eat it.  Slowly.  Then clean up lunch before 3 in the afternoon.
Olivia's lunch: Brown Rice, Green Beans from our garden, black beans with peppers, salsa and spices, butternut squash and kale, cabbage, rice, sesame saute.
I often send a text to my Standard American Diet-eating friend telling her what I'm eating as a joke.  She usually is kind of grossed out, not because she's trying to eat like I do.  The other day I asked if she wanted me to save her a bit of the dinner I made and she said yes, but
she was actually serious.  Because she's also the lunch monitor at my kids' school, I'm going to save her just a bite, as she says and send it in my kids lunch.  She likened it to Fear Factor (you know where they ate bugs and worms) but the way I see it, it will make me try to make various healthy dishes for me to eat and also send to her.  Actually, I hope that there's something that she tries that she likes.  I'm such a huge kale fan and if I can get someone to just try it once, I feel like that's a small win.  We're not the healthiest eaters (I ate a king size Twix for lunch the other day) but I try and having someone keeping me accountable, even just as a joke, goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment