Friday, August 16, 2013

Recipe Friday: Napa Cabbage Salad

This weekend I'm going to Columbus for a reunion of sorts.  My college roommate is going to be in town from LA and some of our sorority sisters are getting together.  A lot of these girls I haven't seen in 12 years!  We're having a cookout and each person is supposed to bring a dish to share.  Since I'm driving from Canton the night before, my options are limited.  Since my roommate is the one that gave me this recipe (It's  actually from her mom.  She forwarded me the email her mom sent her, I cut it out and put it in my recipe box.) I thought it appropriate to
bring it to "her" party.

Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad

1 large napa cabbage, chopped
1 small bunch of green onions,sliced
1/2 C butter(I'm going to cut this down this time.  It's a LOT of butter!)
2 pkgs Ramen noodles (noodles only)
1/2 C sesame seeds
1/2 C slivered almonds
1C oil
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce

Toss cabbage and onions in a large bowl and refrigerate.  Heat butter then add noodles, sesame seeds and almonds and toast until golden.  Drain on a paper towel and let cool.  Mic oil, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce together for the dressing.  Mix all together just before serving (you may not need all of the dressing.)
"Hope this is in time for any last minute shopping.  Please tell the people of California that Napa cabbage exists in Ohio.  Think it will probably disappear rather than be leftover.
Love Mom"
Now you can think of her every time you make it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment