Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Cleaner Plate Club

Yet again my friend LaVon gave my ANOTHER blog idea! She recommended a book called The Cleaner Plate Club by Ali Benjamin. She also sent me the website that goes with the book. I'm really excited to read it. It sounds exactly like where I am in my quest to raise my family greener. She started out writing a blog...sound familiar? Her blog statement was: "Hormones in milk. Pesticides on produce. Feces on meat. Say what? I’m not a foodie, I’m rarely a cook, and I don’t have the time for slow food. Truth is, all I’m looking for is a decent meal – preferably one that my kids will eat, as well." And there I am! So I'm excited to check out this book and hopefully get some more ideas and stay motivated. I tried to get into The Unhealthy Truth, the book I won for going to that first Webinar. It was decent, but it's also competing with Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter, so really, there's not a whole lot of competition there. I AM going to read The Unhealthy Truth (after my Abraham Lincoln book) and I'm excited about this new one too. I need to keep reading books like these because they have facts in them that I know, but I've forgotten. It's good to have multiple sources stating the same facts. It not only reinforces it in my head, so when people question me about my food choices I can back myself up with hard data rather than just, "ummm, I heard once it's bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment