Monday, September 12, 2011

I love Sesame Street!

I had another blog topic planned for today, but I'm sitting here on the couch, while my kitchen window is being replaced (the "Caution Lead Work Area" signs are a little alarming...) and Sesame Street is on. Super Grover is on and he's talking to the "Super Foods". They're talking about eating a rainbow and eating healthy snacks, which are fresh fruits and veggies. Right now they're talking about how important it is to eat breakfast (my older kids should be watching this!). I think is great how they're getting this message to young kids. Teaching them the importance of healthy food is great, but also teaching them WHAT is healthy is good too. I know my kids are always asking "Is ____ healthy?" Sometimes it's hard to answer! They know that fruits and veggies are healthy. But last night my daughter asked about hot sauce. Umm, not really sure how to answer that. I love that my kids are aware of nutrition enough to be able to ask questions like that. It makes me feel good that they're thinking about what they're putting in their bodies. Now let me also state that my daughter asks if things are healthy all the time, but given the chance, she'd eat nothing but junk. Hopefully, as she gets older she'll be able to make the right choice when the choice is her's. That's what everyone says is my Mom-Job, right? Teach them, then hope they make the right choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment