Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Toy

This weekend my mother bought me a new toy! It's a Bissell Sweep and Steam. It's a vacuum and steamer in one and you can use them simultaneously! It also advertises that the steam will kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used properly, which is holding it on the same spot for 15-20 seconds. So I've used it 3 times in the two days I've had it and it's great! It's chemical free cleaning, the heat of the steam kills germs (if not 99.9% of them) and since it's both a vacuum and a steamer in one, it cuts my cleaning time in half! I vacuum every day, and mop once a week, but now I can mop more often, which is great! I've actually used it to disinfect twice so far. I LOVE that I can clean the gross spot like I normally would, and then also use this steamer and I KNOW the spot where the rats peed or my little guy took off his diaper is REALLY clean! It has a reusable cloth pad that adheres to the bottom of the machine, but not with velcro so it won't get all hairy and stop working. I have pergo floors throughout my entire first level (except for the bedrooms) and with 5 people and 5 pets, it gets pretty gross pretty fast! I LOVE how fast and easy this is AND it's greener than using chemicals! It has a 3 prong plug which indicates to me that it probably uses a lot of power, so I guess that's a negative, but I think it still wins out with so many positives. Did I mention it's light? Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment