Friday, December 23, 2011

Cold Water

Last night we had round two of Christmas in my family. We got together with my mom's side and my uncle was telling me about a dinner party he went to at a "green" family's house. It was a buffet style dinner and as each person went up to grab their plate, they realized they weren't very clean. They politely pointed this out to the host, but he just said, "It's the best we can do with cold water." So they just kind of did the best they could and when the next course, dessert, was served they noticed that these plates were also not looking so clean. Again, the host apologized and said, "It's the best we can do with cold water." "Here," he said, "Let me show you what I mean." He let out a whistle and his dog came running, "Come here Cold Water!" he said.

*Now, I thought the joke was funny in and of itself, but after my uncle told it we hear my mom laughing, look over and she's letter her dog lick her plate clean...ummm, joke's on us???

Tomorrow's Christmas Eve, which in my messy family life has always meant the start of the Christmas extravaganza, so I'm signing off until after the holiday. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and make sure none of your holiday hosts have a dog named Cold Water!

No comments:

Post a Comment