Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Green?? Cleaning

So I was thinking about posting about the green cleaning of using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. It's just the sponge, no additional chemicals, it works GREAT to clean all the soap scum from the tub, the wall, everything! It really did seem to be magic (except it couldn't get the dry erase marker off the wall which was the reason I bought the thing in the first place!) So I went to the Mr Clean website to try to look at what was really in the eraser, couldn't find it there...surprise! So I googled Mr Clean Magic Eraser Green and wasn't too happy with what I found. I found lots of sites that say what a great job it does, but also found some that told exactly what was in that eraser to make it magic...ammonia. Great! I found people talking about getting chemical burns from using them and of course, I don't want ammonia anywhere near my family...WAY too toxic. I also found that it's made of a melamine foam, which is bad for the environment....so it turns out, my "green" cleaning blog entry turned out to be a great eye-opener for me about one of the products I WAS using in my home. Guess it's back to the baking soda and scrub brush for the tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment