Thursday, December 29, 2011

FINALLY read Kiwi

I FINALLY got around to reading that Kiwi Magazine I talked about so many posts ago, the one with the Winter Solstice celebrations article. I was a little disappointed in the article about the celebrations...guess I wanted a little more, but I did find some other interesting facts and articles. First, I found a recipe for dry skin care...could have used THAT when I was doing all that research looking for a good lotion to use on my eczema son! It's 1/4C cocoa butter melted with 1 TBSP each coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E oil. Stir until melted, 5-7 minutes, then store at room temp for out to 6 mos. It sounds a little greasy, but if it works I don't really care!

I won't summarize the entire magazine for you, but there was a surprising statistic, 80% of processed foods contain GMOs! I didn't realize it was THAT prevalent! AND it doesn't have to be labeled...yet another reason to eat whole foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment