Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lending a Helping Paw

If you know me, you know I like animals. In our house, we have a cat, two dogs, two rats and a snake. All of the big animals are rescues, and that's something that's VERY important to me. I don't think I'll ever own a dog (or a cat) that comes from a breeder. (Not true with rats, clearly.) So, merging my love of animals with charity, we created a new Christmas tradition last year in which we buy some items from the Stark County Humane Society's Wish list and deliver it to the dogs and cats at the shelter. Last year my mom went with us and we walked around and looked at all the dogs and cats that need homes...it was horribly heartbreaking and I was SO close to bringing home another Rott that I think this year it might be better if we don't tour the wards, BUT I still think it's important to take the animals something at Christmas time. As I've said before, we don't really celebrate the whole Christian part of Christmas, more just the spirit of giving, and who better to give to than shelter dogs and cats?!?! So tomorrow we'll be headed out to the store, wish list in hand, to buy some needed items for the Stark County Humane. If you're still looking for that last minute gift idea...this girl still needs a home...



**Dad, if you're reading this, she is NOT a good last minute gift for Caden!!
*****Also, just to be clear, this is NOT Abby, she just looks like her. We've decided to keep Abby for another year, despite her brattyness!

No comments:

Post a Comment