Friday, December 16, 2011

When Santa Turned Green

I got an early Christmas gift today. It's a children's book called When Santa Turned Green by Victoria Perla and illustrated by Mirna Kantarevic. It's a picture book that addresses the issue of global warming...and what that means to the North Pole. It talks to kids, on their level, about the ice caps melting and has Santa visit kids early to ask for their help...since he knows that kids are the future of this planet and he'll need their help. It mentions some things that KIDS can do to be green. It's a well done book, in my opinion. It gives good factual information about global warming, what causes it and what it's doing to the planet, and then talks about what we can do to help...all set around Santa. I laughed a few times as I read it and I'd recommend checking it out... but you don't have to take MY word for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment